INTERNATIONAL MOVING SERVICES - FROM FINLAND OR TO FINLAND
Victor Ek is at your service whether you’re planning on working overseas, retiring to the warmth of the Mediterranean climate or moving back to Finland. Our international removals services let you concentrate on the important aspects of your life and minimise the hassle of moving abroad.
PERSONAL SERVICE FOR INTERNATIONAL MOVERS
Our comprehensive range of moving and shipping services guarantee smooth moves all around the world. Our skilled professionals provide you with a moving plan that is customised to your specifications. We also provide you with personal advice and offer you a wide range of additional services for moving internationally.
Victor Ek’s international moving specialists will manage the export and import process with the utmost care. With us, your belongings travel safely to their destination via land, sea or air. Our local partners all around the world will undertake the delivery, unloading and unpacking with quaranteed quality.
CERTIFIED QUALITY IN INTERNATIONAL MOVING
Victor Ek is a proud member of Harmony Relocation Network. Harmony is a global network of locally owned relocation companies, upholding strong family values through generations of heritage. We are a network of committed partners, brought together in one truly global and solid infrastructure with cutting edge technology, an ISO-tested quality system and leading sustainability criteria.
We are also the only Finnish company with the respected FAIM certificate from FIDI – the International Federation of International Movers. Every member of the organisation is independently audited to guarantee that you get the best possible service when it comes to international removals.
Because of our extensive network and trustworthy partners, moving abroad is almost as easy for you as relocating to a new city in your home country.
TIPS BEFORE MOVING ABROAD:
- Start with a free-of-charge pre-move survey
- Confirm and reserve packing and moving dates in good time
- Organize and recycle if possible
- Gather most important items to one box, which is easy to find when unpacking
- Update or cancel needed contracts, such as rent, electricity etc
- Make sure you are reachable during your move process
- Make sure your most important documents are in a safe place and not packed with your movables
- Clearly mark items and furniture which will not be moves
- Estimate whether or not you have time to clean after you move – if not, order a cleaning service from Victor Ek
- If you are moving abroad for work, you might find helpful tips here
- WHERE DO I START MY MOVE PROCESS ABROAD?
A good way to start is to reserve a free-of-charge pre-move survey. This way we’ll have specific info about the volume of your movables. If you are moving to Finland, we’ll arrange a survey with our local partner in the origin address.
- HOW DO I PACK?
Our recommendation is that you leave the packing to us. If the movables are not packed by us, we cannot offer moving insurance. However, items that are not fragile, such as clothes and books, can be packed according to our instructions by the mover.
- DO I HAVE TO PAY VAT?
If moving inside EU, VAT will have to be paid according to the origin country. For example, if you are moving from Finland to Sweden, the amount of VAT is 24% and if you are moving from Sweden to Finland, VAT percentage is 25%. Moves outside EU do not include VAT.
- HOW CAN I INSURE MY MOVE?
We offer affordable moving insurance through Fennia. The insurance fee is determined by the value of movables and the moving costs.
- WHAT IS MY MOVE’S SCHEDULE?
The destination country determines the schedule. For example, we can deliver a shipment of movables to Sweden in a few days, and in turn, a shipment to Australia can take 8-10 weeks.
- HOW DO I KNOW WHAT KINDS OF DOCUMENTS DO I HAVE TO PREPARE?
Documentation is country-specific. Our professional coordinators will know specifically which documents are needed and will help you with them every step of the way.
- CAN I ADD A VEHICLE TO MY SHIPMENT?
A vehicle can be moved in a sea container. A 20’ container holds about 5 cbm of movables when a car is shipped at the same time, and a 40’ container holds about 20-30 cbm of movables with a car.
- CAN I ADD FOOD AND BEVERAGHES TO MY SHIPMENT?
No fluids are recommended to be added, as they can be spilled or get broken on the way, and thus cause damage to the rest of the shipment. Also, food is not recommended. Please always check country-specific regulations concerning spices etc.